- Elon Musk, Investor & Entrepreneur
Spreading the word about your business can be daunting. Through the use of social media, your task may be lightened considerably. By using Facebook, you can create a business page to not only promote your business but help it thrive.
WHAT ARE THE FIRST STEPS
You’ll want to create a strong and vibrant social media presence in order for your business to thrive. In order to do so, you can just follow a few easy steps. You’ll be able to create your Facebook business page by logging in through a Facebook account and following these steps:
- Go to the Facebook Business Page Manager by searching on Facebook or logging in to your Facebook page.
- You can then click on “Create a Page” under the “Pages” menu.
- Select your logo and name the page.
- With the page created, you will see the “Test Page” option.
- This will take you to a blank page to write about what your business does and/or has.
- Fill out all of the form options, upload pictures, add contact information.
- Friend as many people as possible to grow your network.
- Ask your friends to share your page.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE
If you’re running a social media site like Facebook for your business, it’s important to keep an eye on it to make sure it’s performing well. You’ll want to respond to your “Friends”, create and update events, and leave important announcements for business-related material.
If you want to see your page performance stats, it’s super easy! You can review how your page is performing by clicking on the “Events” tab and then click on “How your Events and Pages are performing.”
Other options available within this tab include:
- Choose to turn on posting for every event.
- Choose to turn on posting for a single event or an entire page.
- View your most popular and/or liked event.
- Review which pages you have in your business network to see what page has reached more than your page.
- Create new events for your page by clicking on “Create a Page” under the “Events” tab.
- Add your event to the calendar.
Of course, you can also do a number of other things like check messages and respond to clients or business partners, “like” comments on your photos, posts, and videos, upload new content, and more. Facebook makes it really easy to communicate with your network, as long as you keep an eye on it.
Keep in mind that maintaining your Facebook business page is just as important as its initial creation.
HOW TO CREATE A FACEBOOK BUSINESS VIDEO
The more you can showcase your services and products, the more people will be interested in you. Creating a video is a great way to get your name and your brand out there.
A video can create a mini infomercial that can promote your services. It can be as simple as showing a demonstration of your products to the consumer.
Simply create your video and then upload it to Facebook. Since Facebook includes this service within the framework of the site, you won’t need to do any extra steps. Just upload and then interact with your network accordingly.
If you want to create a Facebook Business video, just follow these steps:
- On the Facebook Business Page Manager, go to the “Events” tab and click on “Create a Page.” This will take you to a blank page to write about what your business does and/or has.
- From the list of names and pages, choose a video if one does not already exist.
- From the list of video players, select “Facebook video.”
- From the drop-down menu, select “Itunes.”
- Enter the name of the song you want to use. Click “Save.”
- The video will be available to anyone who is watching your page.
You can choose to share your video on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and elsewhere. You can also share your video on Youtube.
And if you decide you want to make changes later, that’s super easy! To edit a Facebook video, click on the “Facebook video” button. The default video is the recommended video for your business. You can change the video before posting it.
HOW TO USE FACEBOOK BUSINESS TO TWEET AND SUBSCRIBE
Facebook Business is often used as a marketing tool. People who have businesses and a platform to reach out to potential clients tend to use Facebook to promote their product and service.
Although Facebook is a great marketing tool, it can also be a tricky one. If you want to keep on top of your social media marketing, you should always have a plan.
When you post a tweet on Twitter, you can use a feature called “copy and paste.” This feature allows you to copy and paste the content into your Twitter posts.
If you post your latest blog or Facebook ad, you should be using this feature to copy and paste the content you have already created into your post. Facebook automatically offers this option in the “Post Later” tab.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS MOVIES
Creating a Facebook movie is a great way to create a mini-movie, either from an original idea or a snippet of someone else’s (accredited and licensed) creation. Just follow these steps:
- On your Facebook Business Page, go to the “Events” tab and click on “Create a Page.” This will take you to a blank page to write about what your business does and/or has.
- On the “Events” tab, choose the “Movie” tab.
- On the next page, click on the “Create Movie” button.
- From the list of movies, choose the one you want to create.
You can create as many movies as you like and it will appear on your business page and your Timeline. Once the movie has been created, you will be able to see it on your timeline. You can also share your movie to your Timeline.
Using Facebook as a means to help spread the word about your business is one of the most useful things of the social media era. Businesses with Facebook ties are more likely to succeed, so why not set one up for your business now?
Stay up to date
Want to know anything else?
We’re an open book so hit us up if we’ve missed anything here or if there’s something else you’d like to know.
Thought leaders & celebrities share their tactics for success on the Lisnic podcast by Lisa Teh & Nick Bell