Top Rated Custom Software Development Companies in Calgary Canada
Need some help?
Let our team find the right match for you.
Searching for a top-rated custom software development company for your next software project? To make life even easier, Lisnic has listed the best custom software development companies complete with client ratings and reviews to halve your search time. The above list of industry-leading software development companies provides bespoke software solutions tailored specifically to their clients' needs.
Was this helpful?
Get in touch here or check out these below.
- Agile - AKA The mind changers. Ideal for a project that adds features along the way or is likely to change in scope. Agile software development minimises the risk of adding new functionality, iteration processes, and features. With an agile strategy, you get functioning software early in the development process, and then can add new features over time.
- Waterfall - This is a more rigid software development strategy and is perhaps the most traditional as a result. It works in a sequential path, with each element, requirement, design, implementation, verification and maintenance, following only after the previous is complete. There is less flexibility, but if all elements are accounted for in the design phase, this can offer a more predictable, efficient approach. It is not ideal for a project that may change and add features through development (don't pick this if you are known to change your mind).
- DevOps - This is a strategy focused on improving time to market. If you need software development in a hurry, then DevOps offers the best option. It is based around a concept called continuous deployment, meaning that new updates and fixes are implemented as they are ready, rather than a specific timetable.
- Rapid Acceleration Development (RAD) - Built to produce products with a well-defined business objective as fast as possible at minimal cost. So, what's the catch? It requires your oversight team to have a thorough understanding of the application's focus, as they must quickly approve each construction phase to ensure progress. If you are a software development company virgin, this is perhaps not the best approach to begin with.
- Know your requirements - To make the most out of any custom software solution, you need to identify and define the business goals that your software needs to accomplish! This is the first step, as your goals act as a roadmap for the entire development process.
- Define your timetable - When do you need the software by? If you're running on a short timeframe, a smaller company may not be able to provide the workhours needed to complete the software via your deadline.
- Examine Portfolios - Look at the portfolios of software development companies to find those with experience in similar industries to yours.
- Ask questions - The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask!
- Meet with the team - Front up and meet with a few companies to make sure you can form a good working relationship. Clashes of personalities and cultures can cause major problems.
- Can you complete the project to our schedule? - This is perhaps the most important, as it defines how many resources will be needed and the kind of development strategy to use.
- What development strategy will you use? - Different strategies have different qualities, make sure that their preferred approach is compatible with your needs.
- Do you use in house teams or contractors? - Knowing who will do the work is important. If a software developer needs contractors to meet your schedule or provide specialised skills, you should be aware of this beforehand, as it may impact the requirements for maintenance after launch.
- Will you provide a single contact point? - Having an account manager to talk about your project will make it much easier to keep up to date with progress.
- How would you handle update requirements after implementation? - Business is ever evolving, and at some point, you may need updates to your software to add additional features or adapt to work with other tools. Having a plan in place to take care of these gives confidence in the long-term viability of the project.
Thought leaders & celebrities share their tactics for success on the Lisnic podcast by Lisa Teh & Nick Bell